The NWMB’s main purpose for the establishment of a Wildlife Conservation Education Program is to establish an in-house program to undertake initiatives that are of direct interest to the NWMB to assist the Board in carrying out its wildlife management roles and responsibilities as per the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement.
Conservation Education initiatives will be:
- Restricted to projects and initiatives that are developed and led by the NWMB;
- Focused on conservation initiatives related to the NWMB’s wildlife management functions;
- Conducted in a manner that involves Inuit and co-management partners in its development and application; and
- Administered in the most cost- and time-efficient manner.
For the fiscal year 2014-2015, the NWMB will pursue the following initiatives for its Conservation Education Program:
- Biweekly Wildlife Trivia Contest on the NWMB website;
- Activity Book
- All-Terrain Vehicles Impacts and Mitigation Poster
- Science and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit Wildlife Facts Playing Cards