1. The NWMB and NMRWB (the Boards) shall provide notice to the public at least forty five (45) days prior to the deadline for filing hearing submissions.
2. Any interested person or body may file with the Boards a written submission and supporting documentation1 in response to the Proposal, or otherwise regarding concerns with total allowable catch for Northern and Striped shrimp – duly translated into Inuktitut or English as the case may be – by no later than 5:00 p.m. (Iqaluit/Inukjuak time) on February 6th 2015.
3. Unless persuasive written and translated reasons are provided to the Boards for late filing, the Boards will not consider materials for this hearing that are not filed on time.
4. The requirement for translation of submissions and supporting documentation filed with the Boards does not apply to individual members of the public.
5. For all others who file supporting documentation with the Boards, the requirement for translation does not apply to such documents over ten (10) pages in length, as long as each supporting document that is not translated is accompanied by a concise, translated summary (English and Inuktitut) at least two (2) pages in length.
6. The Boards shall ensure that all materials filed with them or produced by them are made publicly available, subject to relevant confidentiality or privacy concerns.
7. Any representative or agent of the Government of Canada or Government of Nunavut, any Hunters and Trappers Organization, Local Nunavimmi Umajulirijiit Katujjiqatigiinninga, Regional Wildlife Organization, or the Regional Nunavimmi Umajulirijiit Katujjiqatigiinninga and any Inuk shall be accorded the status of party for the hearing.
8. Unless invited by the Boards to be a party, any other person or body wishing to be named as a party by the Boards shall make an appropriate request in writing to the Boards.
1“Supporting documentation” refers to one or more studies, articles, opinions or other documents separate from a person’s or organization’s written submission, filed as additional evidence and/or argument in support of that person’s or organization’s submission.