1. The NWMB and NMRWB (the Boards)shall provide notice to the public at least thirty (30) days prior to the deadline for filing hearing submissions.
2. Any interested person or body may file with the NWMB a written submission and supporting documentation1 in response to the Proposal – duly translated into Inuktitut or English as the case may be – by no later than 5:00 p.m. (Iqaluit time) on May 7th 2014.
3. Unless persuasive written and translated reasons are provided to the Boards for late filing, the Boards will not consider materials for this hearing that are not filed on time.
4. The requirement for translation of submissions and supporting documentation filed with the Boards does not apply to individual members of the public.
5. For all others who file supporting documentation with the Boards, the requirement for translation does not apply to such documents over ten (10) pages in length, as long as each supporting document that is not translated is accompanied by a concise, translated summary (English and Inuktitut) at least two (2) pages in length.
6. The Boards shall ensure that all materials filed with it or produced by it are made publicly available, subject to relevant confidentiality or privacy concerns.
7. Any representative or agent of the Government of Canada or Government of Nunavut, any Hunters and Trappers Organization, Local Nunavimmi Umajulirijiit Katujjiqatigiinninga, Regional Wildlife Organization, or Regional Nunavimmi Umajulirijiit Katujjiqatigiinninga and any Inuk shall be accorded the status of party for the hearing.
8. Unless invited by the Boards to be a party, any other person or body wishing to be named as a party by the Boards shall make an appropriate request in writing to the Boards.
1“Supporting documentation” refers to one or more studies, articles, opinions or other documents separate from a person’s or organization’s written submission, filed as additional evidence and/or argument in support of that person’s or organization’s submission.
1. ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓄᓇᕕᒃᒥ ᑕᕆᐅᕐᒥᐅᑕᓕᕆᔨᒃᑯᑦ (ᑲᑎᒪᔩᑦ) ᑐᓂᓯᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᑐᓴᕐᑎᑦᓯᒍᒻᒥᒃ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓂᒃ ᑐᖔᓂᐅᙱᑦᑐᖅ 30 ᐅᓪᓗᐃᑦ ᓯᕗᕐᖓᒍᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓯᒪᒡᕕᐅᒋᐊᓕᐅᑉ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ.
2. ᑭᓇᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᖃᐅᔨᒍᒪᔪᖅ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᒍᓐᓇᕐᐳᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᕈᑎᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ1 ᑭᐅᔾᔪᑎᓂᒃ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᒻᒧᑦ, ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᓯᐊᒍᑦ ᐱᔾᔪᑎᓕᓐᓂᒃ ᑲᑎᑦᑐᒋᑦ ᐊᔪᙱᑕᑦ ᐱᔭᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᒪᑯᓂᖓ ᒥᑭᔫᑕᐅᓂᕐᓴᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐊᖏᔫᑕᐅᓂᕐᓴᑦ ᑭᖑᑉᐸᐃᑦ − ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᑦᓯᐊᕐᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᖃᓪᓗᓈᑎᑐᑦ ᓇᓪᓕᐊᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ − ᑎᑭᙱᓐᓂᖓᓂ 5:00 ᐅᓐᓄᓴᒃᑯᑦ (ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ ᓯᕿᙳᔭᖓᑐᑦ) ᒪᐃ 7, 2014.
3. ᓱᓕᔪᕆᔭᐅᓕᕈᓐᓇᖏᑉᐸᑕ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐱᔾᔪᑕᐅᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑭᖑᕙᕐᑐᓂᒃ ᑐᓂᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ, ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑲᒪᒋᔭᐅᔾᔮᖏᑦᑐᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑕᒡᕙᓂ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥ ᑐᓂᔭᐅᙱᑦᑐᑦ ᑭᖑᕙᕋᑎᒃ.
4. ᐱᑕᖃᕆᐊᖃᕐᓕᖏᑦ ᑐᑭᔨᐅᕐᒥ,ᕗᑦ ᐅᓕᒃᑳᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᕈᑏᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᕐᓂᖃᙱᓚᖅ ᐃᓄᑐᐊᓄᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓄᑦ.
5. ᐊᓯᓕᒫᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᔪᓄᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᑐᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ, ᐱᑕᖃᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖓ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐊᑐᙱᓚᖅ ᒪᑯᓄᖓ ᑎᑭᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᖁᓕᓂᒃ (10) ᒪᑉᐱᕐᑐᒐᕐᓂᒃ ᑕᑭᓂᕐᓴᓄᑦ, ᐊᑐᓂᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕈᑏᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᑕᐅᒪᙱᑦᑐᑦ ᐃᓚᖃᕐᐸᑕ ᑐᑭᓯᓇᑦᓯᐊᕐᑐᓂᒃ, ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᓇᐃᓈᕈᑎᓂᒃ (ᖃᓪᓗᓈᑎᑐᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ) ᒪᒡᕉᓐᓂᒃ ᒪᑉᐱᕐᑐᒐᖃᕐᑐᓂᒃ.
6. ᑲᑎᒪᔩᑦ ᐃᑉᐱᒍᓱᓐᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᐃᓘᓐᓇᑎᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑕᒡᕗᖓ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᓚᒃᑲᕐᑕᖏᑦ ᑖᒃᑯᐊ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᒐᓗᐊᕐᒪᖔᑕ, ᐃᓱᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐊᑐᕐᑐᑦ ᑲᙳᓇᕐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᒪᐅᖓᑐᐃᓐᓈᕆᐊᖃᙱᓐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐃᓱᒫᓗᒍᑏᑦ.
7. ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᑭᒡᒐᐅᔪᖅ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᔨᖓᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ, ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᒃᑏᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᒥᑭᒋᐊᕐᓂᐊᕐᑏᑦ ᑎᒥᖏᑦ, ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂ ᓄᓇᕕᒻᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᖓ, ᐊᕕᑦᑐᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑎᒥᖏᑦ, ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᕕᑦᑐᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂ ᓄᓇᕕᒻᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᖓ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐃᓄᒃ ᑐᓂᔭᐅᓂᐊᕐᐳᖅ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᕐᓯᒍᒻᒥᒃ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᒋᐊᖓ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥ.
8. ᖃᐃᖁᔭᐅᒪᙱᒃᑯᑎᒃ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ, ᑭᓇᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐊᓯᐊ ᐃᓄᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᑕᐃᔭᐅᒍᒪᔪᑦ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᓈᒻᒪᑦᑐᓂᒃ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᒻᒥᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᒍᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ.
1"ᐃᑲᔪᕐᑐᕈᑏᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ " ᐅᖃᐅᓯᓕᒃ ᐊᑕᐅᓯᕐᒥᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᒥᓲᓂᕐᓴᓂᒃ ᖃᐅᔨᓴᕈᑎᒥᓂᕐᓂᒃ, ᑎᑎᕋᕐᑕᐅᒪᔪᓂᒃ, ᐃᓱᒪᒍᑕᐅᔪᓂᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᓯᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᐃᒻᒥᒃᑰᕐᑐᓂᒃ ᐃᓅᑉ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔭᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ, ᑐᓂᔭᓂᒃ ᐃᓚᐅᑎᑕᐅᓪᓗᑎᒃ ᓇᓗᓇᙱᒍᑎᓄᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᐃᕙᒍᑎᓄᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᑐᕐᑐᒋᑦ ᑖᑦᓱᒪ ᐃᓅᑉ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᖏᓐᓄᑦ.