THE PURPOSE of this Nunavut Wildlife Management Board (NWMB or Board) written public hearing is to consider the approval of the Management Plan for the Peregrine Falcon in Canada under the federal Species at Risk Act.
Environment Canada – Canadian Wildlife Service has filed a Proposal for NWMB Decision (Proposal), seeking a decision on the approval of the Management Plan for the Peregrine Falcon in Canada under the federal Species at Risk Act. The Proposal, along with other documents comprising the best available information to date, is available for review or download from the NWMB’s website (www.nwmb.com).
1. The NWMB shall provide notice to the public at least sixty (60) days prior to the deadline for filing hearing submissions.
2. Any interested person or body may file with the NWMB a written submission and supporting documentation in response to Environment Canada – Canadian Wildlife Service’s Proposal, or otherwise regarding the proposed Management Plan for the Peregrine Falcon in Canada under the federal Species at Risk Act – duly translated into Inuktitut or English as the case may be – by no later than 5:00 p.m. (Iqaluit time) on February 12th 2016.
3. Unless persuasive written and translated reasons are provided to the NWMB for late filing, the NWMB will not consider materials for this hearing that are not filed on time.
4. The requirement for translation of submissions and supporting documentation filed with the NWMB does not apply to individual members of the public.
5. For all others who file supporting documentation with the NWMB, the requirement for translation does not apply to such documents over ten (10) pages in length, as long as each supporting document that is not translated is accompanied by a concise, translated summary (English and Inuktitut) at least two (2) pages in length.
6. The NWMB shall ensure that all materials filed with it or produced by it are made publicly available, subject to relevant confidentiality or privacy concerns.
7. Any representative or agent of the Government of Canada or Government of Nunavut, any Hunters and Trappers Organization or Regional Wildlife Organization and any Inuk shall be accorded the status of party for the hearing.
8. Unless invited by the NWMB to be a party, any other person or body wishing to be named as a party by the NWMB shall make an appropriate request in writing to the NWMB.