THE PURPOSE of this NWMB written hearing is to consider the draft management plan for High Arctic Muskoxen of the Qikiqtaaluk Region. The Government of Nunavut’s Department of the Environment has filed – in Inuktitut and English - a Proposal for NWMB Decision with the NWMB, seeking a decision as to whether or not to approve the management plan for High Artic Muskoxen of the Qikiqtaaluk Region. The Government of Nunavut Proposal, along with other documents comprising the best available information to date, are available for review or download from the NWMB’s website (http://www.nwmb.com/).
1. The NWMB shall provide notice to the public at least 30 days prior to the deadline for filing hearing submissions.
2. Any interested person or body may file with the NWMB a written submission in response to the Government of Nunavut Proposal, or otherwise regarding concerns with the management plan for High Arctic Muskoxen of the Qikiqtaaluk Region.– duly translated into Inuktitut or English as the case may be – by no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 3rd 2013.
3. Unless persuasive written and translated reasons are provided to the NWMB for late filing, the NWMB will not consider materials for this hearing that are not filed on time.
4. The requirement for translation of submissions filed with the NWMB does not apply to individual members of the public.
5. The NWMB shall ensure that all materials filed with it or produced by it are made publicly available, subject to relevant confidentiality or privacy concerns.
6. Any representative or agent of the Government of Canada or Government of Nunavut, any Hunters and Trappers Organization or Regional Wildlife Organization and any Inuk shall be accorded the status of party for the hearing.
7. Any other person or body wishing to be named as a party by the NWMB shall make an appropriate request in writing to the NWMB.