Introduction: NWMB’s Written Public Hearing to Consider the Proposed Listing of Red-necked Phalarope as Special Concern under the Federal Species at Risk Act
ᖃᐅᔨᒃᑲᐃᒍᑏᑦ: ᒪᓕᒐᑦ ᐅᑯᐊ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᒍᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓂᒃ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑲᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᒋᔭᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᑕᐅᓂᖏᑦ ᓴᐅᕐᕌᖅ ᐃᒪᐃᑦᑑᓪᓗᒍ ᐃᓱᒫᓗᓐᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᖅ ᐊᑖᒍᑦ ᒐᕙᓐᑐᖃᒃᑯᓐᓂ ᐆᒪᔪᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᑦᑕᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᓄᑦ ᒪᓕᒐᕐᔪᐊᖅ
March 24th, 2016
THE PURPOSE of this Nunavut Wildlife Management Board (NWMB or Board) written public hearing is to consider the proposed listing of Red-necked Phalarope as Special Concern under the federal Species at Risk Act.
Environment and Climate Change Canada – Canadian Wildlife Service has filed a Proposal for NWMB Decision (Proposal), seeking a decision on the proposed listing of Red-necked Phalarope as Special Concern under the federal Species at Risk Act. The Proposal, along with other documents comprising the best available information to date, is available for review or download from the NWMB’s website (www.nwmb.com).
The NWMB is inviting interested organizations or persons, including any member of the public, to file written response submissions and supporting documentation concerning the Proposal by no later than 5:00 p.m. Iqaluit time on June 1st 2016. Unless persuasive written reasons are provided to the Board for late filing, the NWMB will not consider materials for this hearing that are not filed on time. The NWMB will make publicly available all of the written materials filed with it, subject to relevant confidentiality or privacy concerns.
ᒫᑦᓯ 24, 2016
ᐊᑑᑎᒋᔭᖓ ᐅᑯᐊ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᖏᑦ (ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔩᑦ) ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᒋᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓂᒃ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᑲᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᒋᔭᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᑕᐅᓂᖏᑦ ᓴᐅᕐᕌᖅ ᐃᒪᐃᑦᑑᓗᒍ ᐃᓱᒫᓗᓐᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᖅ ᐊᑖᒍᑦ ᒐᕙᓐᑐᖃᒃᑯᓐᓂ ᐆᒪᔪᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᑦᑕᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᓄᑦ ᒪᓕᒐᕐᔪᐊᖅ.
ᐊᕙᑎᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓯᓚᐅᑉ ᐊᓯᔾᔨᕐᓂᖓᓂᒃ ᑲᒪᔩᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ - ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓯᒪᓕᕐᒪᑕ ᐃᒪᐃᑦᑐᒥᒃ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᓕᐅᕈᑎᖓᓂᒃ (ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑦ), ᐱᒐᓱᐊᕐᑐᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᓕᐅᕈᒻᒥᒃ ᐃᓱᒪᒋᔭᒧᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᑕᐅᓂᖏᑦ ᓴᐅᕐᕌᖅ ᐃᒪᐃᑦᑑᓗᒍ ᐃᓱᒫᓗᓐᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᖅ ᐊᑖᒍᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑐᖃᒃᑯᓐᓂ ᐆᒪᔪᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᑦᑕᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᓄᑦ ᒪᓕᒐᕐᔪᐊᖅ. ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑦ, ᐃᓚᖃᕐᑐᒍ ᐊᓯᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᐱᑕᖃᕈᑕᐅᔪᓂᒃ ᓈᒻᒪᓂᕐᐹᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐃᑦ ᑐᓴᕋᑦᓴᑦ ᐅᓪᓗᒥᒧᑦ, ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᕗᑦ ᕿᒥᒡᕈᔭᐅᒍᓐᓇᕐᑐᑎᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐱᔭᐅᒍᓐᓇᕐᑐᑎᒃ ᐅᕙᖖᒐᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᖃᕋᓴᐅᔭᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᓚᒃᑲᐅᒪᒡᕕᖓᑦ (www.nwmb.com).
ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᑎᑦᓯᕗᖅ ᖃᐅᔨᒪᒍᒪᔪᓄᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᓄᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐃᓄᓐᓄᑦ, ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓄᑦ, ᑐᓂᓯᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᑭᐅᔾᔪᑎᓂᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᕈᑎᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᐱᓪᓗᒍ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑦ ᑎᑭᖖᒋᓐᓂᖓᓂ 5:00 ᐅᓐᓄᓴᒃᑯᑦ ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ ᓯᕿᖖᒍᔭᖓᑐᑦ ᐅᓇ ᔫᓂ 1, 2016. ᓱᓕᔪᕐᓇᖏᑉᐸᑕ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐱᔾᔪᑕᐅᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑭᖑᕙᕐᑐᓂᒃ ᑐᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ, ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑲᒪᒋᓛᖏᑕᖏᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᑕᒡᕙᓂ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥ ᑐᓂᔭᐅᖏᑉᐸᑕ ᑭᖑᕙᕋᑎᒃ. ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᑎᑦᓯᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᐃᓘᓐᓇᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᑐᓂᔭᓂᒃ ᑕᒡᕗᖓ, ᐃᓱᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐊᑐᕐᑐᑦ ᒪᐅᖓᑐᐃᓐᓈᕆᐊᖃᖖᒋᓐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑲᖖᒍᓇᕐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐱᔾᔪᑎᓖᑦ.
1. The NWMB shall provide notice to the public at least sixty (60) days prior to the deadline for filing hearing submissions.
2. Any interested person or body may file with the NWMB a written submission and supporting documentation in response to Environment and Climate Change Canada – Canadian Wildlife Service’s Proposal, or otherwise regarding the proposed listing of Red-necked Phalarope as Special Concern under the federal Species at Risk Act – duly translated into Inuktitut or English as the case may be – by no later than 5:00 p.m. (Iqaluit time) on June 1st, 2016.
3. Unless persuasive written and translated reasons are provided to the NWMB for late filing, the NWMB will not consider materials for this hearing that are not filed on time.
4. The requirement for translation of submissions and supporting documentation filed with the NWMB does not apply to individual members of the public.
5. For all others who file supporting documentation with the NWMB, the requirement for translation does not apply to such documents over ten (10) pages in length, as long as each supporting document that is not translated is accompanied by a concise, translated summary (English and Inuktitut) at least two (2) pages in length.
6. The NWMB shall ensure that all materials filed with it or produced by it are made publicly available, subject to relevant confidentiality or privacy concerns.
7. Any representative or agent of the Government of Canada or Government of Nunavut, any Hunters and Trappers Organization or Regional Wildlife Organization and any Inuk shall be accorded the status of party for the hearing.
8. Unless invited by the NWMB to be a party, any other person or body wishing to be named as a party by the NWMB shall make an appropriate request in writing to the NWMB.
1. ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᑐᓴᕐᑎᑦᓯᒍᒻᒥᒃ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓂᒃ ᑐᖔᓂᐅᙱᑦᑐᖅ 60 ᐅᓪᓗᐃᑦ ᓯᕗᕐᖓᒍᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓯᒪᒡᕕᐅᒋᐊᓕᐅᑉ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ.
2. ᑭᓇᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᖃᐅᔨᒪᒍᒪᔪᖅ ᐃᓄᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᒍᓐᓇᕐᐳᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᑐᕈᑎᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᐅᑯᐊ ᐊᕙᑎᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑎᖓᓄᑦ, ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᓯᐊᒍᑦ ᐱᓪᓗᒍ ᐃᓱᒪᒋᔭᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᑕᐅᓂᖏᑦ ᐊᒃᖤᐃᑦ − ᐱᖓᓐᓇᕐᒥ ᐱᑕᖃᕐᑐᑦ ᐃᒪᐃᑦᑑᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓱᒫᓗᓐᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᑦ ᐊᑖᒍᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᑦᑕᓇᕐᑐᒦᑦᑐᓄᑦ ᒪᓕᒐᕐᔪᐊᖅ − ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᑦᓯᐊᕐᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᖃᓪᓗᓈᑎᑐᑦ ᓇᓪᓕᐊᓐᓄᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ − ᑎᑭᙱᓐᓂᖓᓂ 5:00 ᐅᓐᓄᓴᒃᑯᑦ (ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ ᓯᕿᖖᒍᔭᖓᑐᑦ) ᔫᓂ 1, 2016.
3. ᐃᓛᒃ ᓱᓕᔪᕆᔭᐅᓕᕈᓐᓇᕐᑐᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᑕᐅᒪᔪᑦ ᐱᔾᔪᑕᐅᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ ᑭᖑᕙᕐᑐᓂᒃ ᑐᓂᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ, ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑲᒪᒋᓛᙱᑕᖏᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥ ᑐᓂᔭᐅᓐᓂᖏᑉᐸᑕ ᑭᖑᕙᕋᑎᒃ.
4. ᐱᑕᖃᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖏᑦ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᑕᐅᒪᔪᑦ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᒧᐊᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᕐᓂᖃᙱᑦᑐᖅ ᐃᓄᑐᐊᓄᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓄᑦ.
5. ᐊᓯᓕᒫᖏᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᔪᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᑐᕈᑎᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ, ᐱᑕᖃᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖓ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐊᑐᙱᑦᑐᖅ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓄᑦ ᐊᒥᓲᓂᕐᓴᓂᒃ 10 ᒪᑉᐱᕐᑐᒐᓕᓐᓄᑦ, ᐊᑐᓂᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᑐᕈᑏᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᑕᐅᒪᙱᑦᑐᑦ ᐱᑕᖃᕐᐸᑕ ᓱᓕᔪᓂᒃ, ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᓇᐃᓈᕈᑎᓂᒃ (ᖃᓪᓗᓈᑎᑐᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ) ᒪᒡᕉᓐᓂᒃ (2) ᒪᑉᐱᕐᑐᒑᓐᓂᒃ.
6. ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᐃᑉᐱᒍᓱᓐᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᐃᓘᓐᓇᑎᒃ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑕᒡᕗᖓ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᓚᒃᑲᕐᑕᖏᑦ ᑖᒃᑯᐊ ᑭᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᒐᓗᐊᕐᒪᖔᑕ, ᐃᓱᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐊᑐᕐᑐᑦ ᑲᙳᓇᕐᓂᖏᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᒪᐅᖓᑐᐃᓐᓈᕆᐊᖃᙱᓐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐃᓱᒫᓗᒍᑏ.
7. ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᑭᒡᒐᖓᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᔨᖓᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ, ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᒃᑏᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᒥᑭᒋᐊᕐᓂᐊᕐᑏᑦ ᑎᒥᖏᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᕕᑦᑐᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑎᒥᖏᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑭᓇᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐃᓄᒃ ᐱᕕᑦᓴᖃᕐᑎᑕᐅᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥ.
8. ᐃᓛᒃ ᖃᐃᖅᑯᔭᐅᒪᙱᒃᑯᑎᒃ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ, ᐊᓯᓕᒫᖏᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᑕᐃᔭᐅᒍᒪᔪᑦ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᒋᐊᓖᑦ ᓈᒻᒪᑦᑐᓂᒃ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑎᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᒍᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ.
To be determined.