Introduction: Rules for NWMB’s Written Public Hearing to consider the proposed Nunavut Polar Bear Co-management Plan.
ᖃᐅᔨᒃᑲᐃᒍᑦ: ᒪᓕᒐᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᒍᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓂᒃ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑲᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᒋᔭᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ ᓇᓄᕐᓂᒃ ᐊᐅᓚᑦᓯᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐸᕐᓇᒍᑏᑦ.
September 4th, 2015
THE PURPOSE of this NWMB written hearing is to consider the proposed Nunavut Polar Bear Co-management plan.
The Government of Nunavut’s Department of the Environment has filed – in Inuktitut and English - a Proposal for NWMB Decision with the NWMB, seeking a decision on the proposed Nunavut Polar Bear Co-management Plan. This Proposal along with other documents comprising the best available information to date, are available for review or download from the NWMB’s website (http://www.nwmb.com/).
ᓰᑎᒻᐱᕆ 4, 2014
ᐊᑑᑎᒋᔭᖓ ᐅᑯᐊ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᒍᑦ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑲᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᒋᔭᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ ᓇᓄᕐᓂᒃ ᐊᐅᓚᑦᓯᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐸᕐᓇᒍᑏᑦ.
ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ ᐱᓕᕆᒡᕕᖓᑦ ᐊᕙᑎᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓯᒪᓕᕐᒪᑕ - ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᖃᓪᓗᓈᑎᑐᑦ - ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᓕᐅᕈᑎᖓᓂᒃ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ, ᐱᒐᓱᐊᕐᑐᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᓕᐅᕈᒻᒥᒃ ᐱᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓱᒪᒋᔭᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ ᓇᓄᕐᓂᒃ ᐊᐅᓚᑦᓯᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐸᕐᓇᒍᑏᑦ. ᑖᓐᓇ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑦ ᐃᓚᖃᕐᑐᓂ ᐊᓯᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᐱᑕᖃᕈᑕᐅᔪᓂᒃ ᓈᒻᒪᓂᕐᐹᓂᒃ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓂᒃ ᑐᓴᕋᑦᓴᓂᒃ ᐅᓪᓗᒥᒧᑦ, ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᕗᑦ ᕿᒥᒡᕈᔭᐅᒍᓐᓇᕐᑐᑎᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐱᔭᐅᒍᓐᓇᕐᑐᑎᒃ ᐅᕙᖖᒐᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᖃᕋᓴᐅᔭᒃᑯᑦ ᐊᓚᒃᑲᐅᒪᒡᕕᖓᑦ (http://www.nwmb.com/).
1. The NWMB shall provide notice to the public at least 30 days prior to the deadline for filing hearing submissions.
2. Any interested person or body may file with the NWMB a written submission in response to the Government of Nunavut Proposal – duly translated into Inuktitut or English as the case may be – by no later than 5:00 p.m. Iqaluit time on October 30th 2015.
3. Unless persuasive written and translated reasons are provided to the NWMB for late filing, the NWMB will not consider materials for this hearing that are not filed on time.
4. The requirement for translation of submissions filed with the NWMB does not apply to individual members of the public.
5. For all others who file supporting documentation with the NWMB, the requirement for translation does not apply to such documents over ten (10) pages in length, as long as each supporting document that is not translated is accompanied by a concise, translated summary (English and Inuktitut) at least two (2) pages in length.
6. The NWMB shall ensure that all materials filed with it or produced by it are made publicly available, subject to relevant confidentiality or privacy concerns.
7. Any representative or agent of the Government of Canada or Government of Nunavut, any Hunters and Trappers Organization or Regional Wildlife Organization and any Inuk shall be accorded the status of party for the hearing.
8. Unless invited by the NWMB to be a party, any other person or body wishing to be named as a party by the NWMB shall make an appropriate request in writing to the NWMB.
1. ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᑐᓴᕐᑎᑦᓯᒍᒻᒥᒃ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓂᒃ ᑐᖔᓂᐅᙱᑦᑐᖅ 30 ᐅᓪᓗᐃᑦ ᓯᕗᕐᖓᒍᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓯᒪᒡᕕᐅᒋᐊᓕᐅᑉ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ.
2. ᑭᓇᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᖃᐅᔨᒍᒪᔪᖅ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᒍᓐᓇᕐᐳᑦ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔨᕐᔪᐊᓄᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᓂᒃ ᑭᐅᔾᔪᑎᓂᒃ ᐅᑯᐊ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᑎᖓᑦ - ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᑦᓯᐊᕐᓗᑎᒃ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᖃᓪᓗᓈᑎᑐᑦ ᓇᓪᓕᐊᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ - ᑎᑭᖖᒋᓐᓂᖓᓂ 5:00 ᐅᓐᓄᓴᒃᑯᑦ ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ ᓯᕿᖖᒍᔭᖓᑐᑦ ᐅᓇ ᐅᑦᑑᐱᕆ 30, 2015.
3. ᓱᓕᔪᕆᔭᐅᓕᕈᓐᓇᖏᑉᐸᑕ ᑎᑎᕋᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐱᔾᔪᑕᐅᔪᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑭᖑᕙᕐᑐᓂᒃ ᑐᓂᓯᓂᕐᒧᑦ, ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑲᒪᒋᔭᐅᔾᔮᖏᑦᑐᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑕᒡᕙᓂ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥ ᑐᓂᔭᐅᙱᑦᑐᑦ ᑭᖑᕙᕋᑎᒃ.
4. ᐱᑕᖃᕆᐊᖃᕐᓕᖏᑦ ᑐᑭᔨᐅᕐᒥ,ᕗᑦ ᐅᓕᒃᑳᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᑲᔪᕈᑏᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᕐᓂᖃᙱᓚᖅ ᐃᓄᑐᐊᓄᑦ ᑭᒃᑯᑐᐃᓐᓇᕐᓄᑦ.
5. ᐊᓯᓕᒫᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᔪᓄᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕐᑐᓂᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ, ᐱᑕᖃᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖓ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᐊᑐᙱᓚᖅ ᒪᑯᓄᖓ ᑎᑭᑎᖅᑲᓂᒃ ᖁᓕᓂᒃ (10) ᒪᑉᐱᕐᑐᒐᕐᓂᒃ ᑕᑭᓂᕐᓴᓄᑦ, ᐊᑐᓂᑦ ᐃᑲᔪᕈᑏᑦ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᑕᐅᒪᙱᑦᑐᑦ ᐃᓚᖃᕐᐸᑕ ᑐᑭᓯᓇᑦᓯᐊᕐᑐᓂᒃ, ᑐᑭᓕᐅᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂᒃ ᓇᐃᓈᕈᑎᓂᒃ (ᖃᓪᓗᓈᑎᑐᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ) ᒪᒡᕉᓐᓂᒃ ᒪᑉᐱᕐᑐᒐᖃᕐᑐᓂᒃ.
6. ᑲᑎᒪᔩᑦ ᐃᑉᐱᒍᓱᓐᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᐃᓘᓐᓇᑎᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑦ ᑐᓂᔭᑦ ᑕᒡᕗᖓ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᓚᒃᑲᕐᑕᖏᑦ ᑖᒃᑯᐊ ᑭᒃᑯᓕᒫᓄᑦ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᒐᓗᐊᕐᒪᖔᑕ, ᐃᓱᒪᒋᓗᒋᑦ ᐊᑐᕐᑐᑦ ᒪᐅᖓᑐᐃᓐᓈᕆᐊᖃᖖᒋᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑲᖖᒍᓇᕐᓂᙱᓐᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᐃᓱᒫᓗᒍᑏᑦ.
7. ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᑭᒡᒐᐅᔪᖅ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᔨᖓᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᓐᑯᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᑦᒥ, ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐊᖑᓇᓱᒃᑏᑦ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᒥᑭᒋᐊᕐᓂᐊᕐᑏᑦ ᑎᒥᖏᑦ, ᓄᓇᓕᓐᓂ ᓄᓇᕕᒻᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᖓ, ᐊᕕᑦᑐᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑎᒥᖏᑦ, ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᐊᕕᑦᑐᕐᓯᒪᔪᓂ ᓄᓇᕕᒻᒥ ᐆᒪᔪᓕᕆᔩᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᓐᓂᖓ ᐊᒻᒪᓗ ᓇᓪᓕᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐃᓄᒃ ᑐᓂᔭᐅᓂᐊᕐᐳᖅ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᕐᓯᒍᒻᒥᒃ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᒋᐊᖓ ᓈᓚᑦᑎᑦᓯᓂᕐᒥ.
8. ᖃᐃᖁᔭᐅᒪᙱᒃᑯᑎᒃ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ, ᑭᓇᑐᐃᓐᓇᖅ ᐊᓯᐊ ᐃᓄᒃ ᐅᕝᕙᓘᓐᓃᑦ ᑎᒥᐅᔪᑦ ᑕᐃᔭᐅᒍᒪᔪᑦ ᑲᒪᖃᑕᐅᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ ᑐᓂᓯᓂᐊᕐᐳᑦ ᓈᒻᒪᑦᑐᓂᒃ ᑐᑦᓯᕋᐅᒻᒥᒃ ᑎᑎᖅᑲᑎᒍᑦ ᑲᑎᒪᔨᓄᑦ.